When I first started this healthy lifestyle, a new world that I knew little about opened up in front of me. I started educating myself by reading books and watching documentaries, and I can only recommend it to you guys. They are just so inspiring and give you detailed information about everything you need to know. Whether you are a health coaching client of mine or are just browsing my blog, it is my hope to inspire you to make educated and empowered choices about what you eat. Too many of us go about our day not thinking about where our food comes from and how it affects our health and the health of our planet. Knowledge is power!
Health books I love:
- Crazy Sexy Diet by Kris Carr –Kris shares her story of how she deals with having cancer through her diet. She is authentic, grounded and manages to make the book light and humorous. This girl rocks!
- Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser – This was one of the first books I read and was a complete eye-opener. It gives an amazing insight into the reality of our food industry and made it that much easier for me to give up processed foods.
- The Beauty Detox Solution by Kimberly Snyder–Explains how beauty truly comes from the inside out, and outlines a powerful program to rid the body of toxins in order to look your best. I learned all about food combining from Kimberly.
- The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell – This is the book I bring to the table when I am being confronted with skeptics of a vegetarian/vegan diet. It reports on the biggest study on nutrition ever conducted and it is a very scientific read.
- Wheat Belly by William Davis – Outlines why wheat is the single largest contributor to the nationwide obesity epidemic and it’s elimination is key to optimal health.
Eating Disorder & Other Self-help Books that have accompanied me along my healing journey:
- Getting Better Bit(e) by Bit(e) by Ulrike Schmidt & Janet Treasure
- Unbearable Lightness by Portia De Rossi
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
- Excuse Me, Your Life is Waiting by Lynn Grabhorn
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin (+ the matching 1-sentence writing journal)
- Loving What Is by Bryon Katie
Food Apps & Ebooks that I use a lot in my own kitchen:
- Raw Desserts App by Lauren Glucina from Ascension Kitchen
- Deliciously Ella App by Ella Woodward
- A Nourishing Kitchen eBook by Amy Crawford
Food Blogs that I’m obsessed with:
My Favourite Documentaries that I would recommend to anyone ready to start making educated food choices: